OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME To end preventable deaths and promote the survival, good health and well-being throughout the life-course, taking into account the need to address health equity, universal health coverage, social determinants of health and human rights, with a focus on gender equality.To support countries to develop whole-of-society approaches to address health and human development needs throughout different stages of the life course, in particular in improving health of newborns, children, adolescents, adults of reproductive age and the ageing by ensuring universal access to quality, evidence-based preventive and life-saving interventions at all levels of the health care delivery system and appropriate linkages to community resources.
- Specialized training in implementing HIV interventions and guidelines;Previous research related to PMTCT, STIs, Gender or healthy Ageing.
- Previous experience working with communities to promote the concept of reduction of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, STIs, Gender or healthy Ageing;
- Experience with intergovernmental agencies, the UN System or WHO and knowledge of national and regional partnerships and networks.
- Excellent technical expertise in emergency obstetric care and new born interventions, antenatal services, HIV testing during pregnancy, antiretroviral treatment, safe childbirth practices and appropriate infant feeding, infant HIV testing and other post-natal healthcare services;
- Strong record of implementing successful PMTCT action plans and interventions as well as Gender and , Healthy Ageing;
- Prior experience establishing PMTCT surveillance systems in stable and emergency situations, developing research proposals and accurately collating and interpreting PMTCT, STIs, gender and Ageing data;
- Proven ability to motivate and guide capacity building at national and sub-regional levels including advocacy and communicating critical PMTCT, Gender, and Healthy Ageingmessages;
- Demonstrated research and programme management skills including monitoring and evaluation and successful implementation of PMTCT policies, action plans and information, education and communication activities (IECs);
- Track record of working effectively with colleagues at all levels, and nationally and internationally to build capacity and develop partnerships including for resource mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to promote consensus and new approaches.
- Proven presentation skills and the ability to write in a clear and concise manner and give technical advice and guidance taking into consideration the views of multiple stakeholders and partners in resource-limited contexts;
- Diplomacy, tact and courtesy.