|Vue 79 fois Dernière vue il y a: 1h 21mn 9s || Partager:|
|Cette annonce est expirée ; elle n'est affichée qu'à titre d'information!|
(Publiée le: 25 novembre 2018 à 00:41:54)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Quality Assurance Officer to work in Burkina Faso
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in West Africa since 1998. DRC´s aim is to contribute to the peace and stabilisation, protection and promotion of durable solution to crisis-affected populations in the region. The overall strategic objective of the program is: Support peace and stabilization, protect and promote durable solutions to conflict-affected population in Nigeria, Niger, Mali and Burkina on the basis of humanitarian principles and fundamental human rights.
DRC is open in Burkina Faso since January 2013, Burkina Faso 2 field offices (Dori and Djibo) and a liaison office in Ouagadougou. DRC shares bases with Danish Demining Group, the Armed Violence Reduction unit of DRC. DRC’s Burkina Faso programme focuses on community recovery and development within the sectors of Protection and Social Cohesion, Wash, Livelihoods and Early recovery, food security and cash. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Program Development & Reporting
· Work closely with the Country Director, Project and Sector Managers and Technical specialist to design competitive proposals responding to the requirements of call for proposals and donor guidelines;
· Support the reviewing of proposals for consistency with the requirements of solicitations, requests or calls for proposals, predicting or preventing bottlenecks in the proposal development process and securing the necessary information to complete process
· Contribute to the production of high quality reporting
· Ensure quality control of reports, in relation to donor requirements and consistency between narrative and financial reports.
· Oversee reporting workflows and processes to ensure the timely and quality development, review and submission of reports.
· Maintain a reporting tracker
· Ensure the maintenance of a robust Grants Management system (GMS)
· Facilitate the tracking of the overall program portfolio with donors
· Ensure key award processes are in place and that relevant staff are aware of programmatic, financial and compliance requirements.
· Technically support teams in the capacity building and management of grants and awards
· Support the countryand sub-offices to ensure the inclusion of programmatic DRC Country strategies standards and policies in the program development process
· Provide oversight in the review of strategic donors’ grants on a regular basis including management tools analyzing original plans and log frames against achievements.
· Facilitate the tracking of the overall program portfolio with donors and monitor investments/income from donors.
· With the Country Director, the finance staff and the relevant sector managers, oversee tracking and measurement of grants burn rates, providing timely alerts on non-performance but also green flags for accomplishments
· Set the strategic orientations of the department
· Support the establishment and functioning of appropriate M&E systems enabling to follow up the achievements of programs and to enhance the quality of the interventions
· Support the M&E manager in developing high-quality tools
· Supervise the MEAL team and ensure continuous learning of the team members, deliver technical guidance to the team
· Ensure the quality of the planning – including budget planning - implementation and follow up of MEAL activities
· Ensure the diffusion of Code of Conduct and CHS standards, training of staff members, development of tools and guidelines and promotion of accountability
· Support the Country Office (CO) in ensuring that the proposal development process takes into consideration the mainstreaming of CHS, global cross cutting themes such as Age, Gender and Diversity, and lessons learnt from previous programming.
· Design and implement a workplan (with detailed activities in budget) to operationalize the CHS standards throughout the country mission
· Support programs to implement accountability mechanisms in all areas of intervention
· Act as registrar, update the online CoCRM platform as requested
· Develop a communication strategy, in close collaboration with SMT, according to identified needs
· Ensure the budget planning of communication activities
· Ensure the compliance to DRC and Donors’ communication guideline
· Ensure the program teams (working with the M&E Units) generates, documents, disseminates and communicates program stories, relevant best practices and key lessons; to donors, local authorities and other humanitarian and development partners
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted per operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role
To be successful in this role we expect you
oversee the coordination and management of DRC’s Program processes, particularly in proposal development, grants management and support relevant managers to ensure timely reporting to donors, developing and implementing Core Humanitarians Standards (CHS) within country programme and contributing to donors and DRC’s internal compliance. Moreover, we also expect the following:
· Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar
· Relevant professional humanitarian qualifications / recognized training certificates in Grants-related areas (M&E, IM, CHS, SPHERE, Protection, etc.) are desirable, although practical experience is more essential to the role : Minimum 2 years of professional experience with NGO, in similar jobs
· Understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management
· Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work
· Willing to live in shared accommodation
· Ability to work in unstable security environments and in remote management context
· Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) is a must
· Proven experience in developing M&E strategy and tools and mastery of Kobo toolbox would be a +;
· Good Knowledge of the CHS and experience in developing a complaint mechanism would be a +;
· Experience with implementation of operations in very insecure environments;
· Work experience in institutional capacity building ;
· Basic knowledge about Protection, Education, Livelihood, WASH
· Experience working for or with UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, UE and BPRM is an advantage;
· Good experience in training and liaising with national NGOs;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 12 months- extendable/renewable depending on funds and performance
Designation of Duty Station: Non Family Duty Station - Non accompanied position
Start date: January, 07, 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Elise Kokora, Country Director Burkina Faso, firstname.lastname@example.org or Marie Duprez, Regional Head of Program, email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to Ms Kokora or Ms Duprez not be considered.
|Voir les Conditions ci-dessous|
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
|The Danish Refugee Council (DRC|
|Accueil||Imprimer||Envoyer à un ami||Postuler|
|Assurez une plus grande visibilité à votre offre ici|