Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting for an upcoming 5-year, USAID-funded activity based in Burkina Faso and Niger. The program will strengthen health systems and service delivery for maternal, newborn, child health, family planning and nutrition. The project will improve leadership, management, governance, human resources, supply chain and information systems. It also will increase access to quality health care that builds resilience of target populations in Burkina Faso and Niger through community-facility linkages.
Palladium is seeking a Human Resources for Health - Senior Advisor to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Burkina Faso and Niger. This is a full-time position based in Ouagadougou with travel as necessary to Niamey, Niger and the target regions of: Maradi and Zinder (Niger) and the Centre Nord Region (Burkina Faso). The position will provide guidance to the federal, regional and local ministries of health and other stakeholders in the pl anning, training, management, skill building and performance enhancement of Human Resources for Health (HRH); workforce planning, recruiting and retention systems, performance appraisal systems, supervision systems, performance improvement and capacity development (preservice training, in-service and continuing medical or professional education) for quality maternal, newborn, child health, family planning and nutrition services at the central, regional and local levels. Expertise in or knowledge of developing or improving Human Resources Information System (HRIS) would also be preferred.
The HRH Senior Advisor will directly report to senior leadership (e.g. COP/DCOP) for activity implementation and management.
* A Master's degree such as: MPH, MBA or MA in public health, international development, public policy, or related field
* At least 8 years of experience international health and development, with at least 5 years providing or managing HRH related activities.
* At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
* USAID experience preferable
* Experience in quality improvement, quality assurance and supportive supervision preferred
* Strong oral and written communication skills in French, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Experience working with known HRH tools and databases preferred