Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting for an upcoming 5-year, USAID-funded activity based in Burkina Faso and Niger. The program will strengthen health systems and service delivery for maternal, newborn, child health, family planning and nutrition. The project will improve leadership, management, governance, human resources, supply chain and information systems. It also will increase access to quality health care that builds resilience of target populations in Burkina Faso and Niger through community-facility linkages.
Palladium seeks an HMIS Senior Advisor to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Burkina Faso and Niger. This is a full-time position based in Ouagadougou with travel as needed to Niamey, Niger and the target regions of: Maradi and Zinder (Niger) and the Centre Nord Region (Burkina Faso). The position will strengthen the national and regional HMIS system, improve monitoring and evaluation and research capacities, improve reporting and analy sis of HMIS data and expand the evidence-base for existing approaches to health programming. The HMIS Senior Advisor will directly report to senior leadership (e.g. DCOP/COP) for activity implementation and management. The Advisor will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The position will provide expert technical advice to the government (national, regional and local levels) to build local capacity of key government and non-government partners.
* A Master's degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
* At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other i nternationally funded programs
* At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
* USAID experience preferable
* Strong oral and written communication skills in French, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills