Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting for an upcoming 5-year, USAID-funded activity based in Burkina Faso and Niger. The program will strengthen health systems and service delivery for maternal, newborn, child health, family planning and nutrition. The project will improve leadership, management, governance, human resources, supply chain and information systems. It also will increase access to quality health care that builds resilience of target populations in Burkina Faso and Niger through community-facility linkages.
Palladium seeks a Leadership and Governance - Senior Advisor to support the anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Burkina Faso and Niger. This is a full-time position based in Ouagadougou with travel as needed to Niamey, Niger and the target regions of: Maradi and Zinder (Niger) and the Centre Nord Region (Burkina Faso). The position will provide guidance to the central, regional and local ministries of health as well as civil society to initiate act ivities that improve health systems leadership and governance. This includes providing technical assistance to increasing and improving stewardship at all levels, such as technical working groups and budget committees, to raise transparency, accountability, and results-oriented planning and execution of health system improvements for MNCH + nutrition and family planning service delivery. The candidate must have experience developing the advocacy and leadership capacity of civil society organizations to assess and tailor interventions to improve decisions that advance health outcomes. Experience in fostering leadership in both the public and civil society is critical to the position.
The Leadership and Governance Senior Advisor will directly report to senior leadership (e.g. COP/DCOP) for activity implementation and management.
* A Master's degree such as: MPH, international development, international relations, public policy, or related field; experience wor king at the sub-national level preferred
* At least 10 years of experience in international health and
* development, with at least 5 years providing or managing health governance and related activities.
* At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
* Must have relevant professional experience in health systems strengthening, policy reform, or health program management
* USAID experience preferable
* Strong oral and written communication skills in French, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills