Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orien tation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting for an upcoming 5-year, USAID-funded activity based in Burkina Faso and Niger. The program will strengthen health systems and service delivery for maternal, newborn, child health, family planning and nutrition. The project will improve leadership, management, governance, human resources, supply chain and information systems. It also will increase access to quality health care that builds resilience of target populations in Burkina Faso and Niger through community-facility linkages.
The Health Commodities and Supply Chain, Senior Advisor will provide technical assistance to build federal, regional, district and local capacity to execute and coordinate improved supply chains for essential MCH, family planning and nutrition commodities and equipment. This is a full-time position based in Ouagadougou with travel as necessary to Niamey, Niger and the target regions of: Maradi and Zinder (Niger) and the Centre Nord Region (Burkina Faso).
* Improve and develop capacities in accurate and timely Quantification projecting processes (Forecasting and Supply Planning)
* Facilitate local capacity to improve systems for commodity disbursement to local, PHC levels
* Provide training on rationale use of health commodities and products,
* Training on health commodities planning, procurement, storage, and distribution practices
* Assist building capacity to plan and manage facility waste management
* Advise on cold chain equipment maintenance and repair
* Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) throughout the commodity supply chain
* Contribute to project Monitoring and evaluation in this area
* Develop reference materials, refresh and revise training protocols which include documentation if essential products and their uses, guides for planning, and other training materials; liaising with other donor projects in the fi eld as relevant
* Conduct data analysis and produce presentations and documents regarding supply chain of health commodities
* A Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s degree in supply chain, business administration, or a global health-related field preferred
* At least 8 years of experience international health and
* Development, with at least 5 years providing or managing health supply chain and logistics related activities.
* At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
* USAID experience preferable
* Experience with a health product supply chain, preferably in developing countries in the following areas: forecasting and quantification, procurement or supply chain management preferred.
* Ability to analyze large datasets and develop data visualizations for presentation to t he client and other stakeholders required.
* Strong oral and written communication skills in French, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills