As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Burkina Faso, the HR and Administration Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The HR and Administration Manager is accountable to the Country Director for the provision of effective, HR, and Admin services in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
In order to be successful you will have:
* Master’s degree in Human Resources, General Management or Business Administration
* A minimum of 5 years in an HR generalist role in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
* Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
* Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
* Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French,
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
* Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
* Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
* Team building skills
* Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
Contract length: 1 year renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.